We have had a statement from the organisers of Knockengorroch Festival regarding the possible disruption caused by COVID-19
Here it is in full:
We’re getting in touch about the growing concerns on how COVID-19 may impact this year’s festival.
We are aware that mass gatherings in Scotland will be affected and that this may include us.
At the current time we intend for c to go ahead as planned on 21 – 24 May, with additional measures put in place to protect all of you, including enhanced hygiene measures. Our chief concern is our commitment to you, our loyal audiences, and ensuring Knockengorroch is a safe event for all.
We have however formed a contingency plan. Should the event not be able to take place in May, it will be rescheduled to September 2020.
We have taken steps to ensure our license, venue and the vast majority of our line-up will remain in place should we have to postpone.
All tickets will be transferable and anyone who cannot make the dates in September will receive a FULL TICKET REFUND, as per the Skiddle official terms and conditions.
We want to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with all of the relevant authorities to continually review national and international guidelines.We will continue to keep you posted on plans for Knockengorroch 2020. All ticket buyers will be informed immediately if we have to postpone, and please keep an eye on our website and social media for other information, as we have it.
Stay healthy everyone Knockengorroch Festival team x
Sending our best wishes to everyone affected by this horrible uncertainty at the moment.